Tennis-Bargains is back from the first week at the US Open 2012 opening weekend!
A few notables US Open 2012 additions and changes we want to highlight for you below. Also, with some US Open insider's guide Part 1 and Part 2 with insights during qualifying week
Court 17 - The "New Grandstand"
- This is brand new and has a very wide bowl, with an interesting top-down seating layout. Definitely need to check it out if you're at the Open.
- I would say it is my next favorite court (Grandstand, Armstrong, Court 17)...what I label the Trinity of Tennis Courts
- Got to see Roger Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Ferrer, Raonic, Nalbandian, Tsonga, Del Portro, Tipsarevic, Cilic, Monaco FOR FREE!!
- Yep, if you came to visit the US Open this past weekend, you got to see practically every male player in the Top 15 from about 20-30 feet away!
- On the women's side, we were able to see on these courts: Sharapova, Serena Williams, Clisters, Li Na, etc...
Top Food choice this year: Crepes
- About 3/4 the way down the row of the food court area - these crepes come in different meats (chicken, beef, pork, veggie, etc).
- Definitely would recommend trying one for about $11 for a relatively healthy yet tasty choice.
- My favorite, "Le Poulle": The Chicken Crepe ~$11 is one of the best meals on site - good to enjoy when watching a match on the new court 17. Check out this article/review from NY Times.
Thanks to all our fans (both new and old) who are following us!